Oct 27th blog


        It has been more than one month since I first got into this course. In this past month, I did several quizzes and a term test. In order to prepare for these quizzes, I went through all the lectures notes that were posted on the CSC104 website and did the practice. The practices were extremely helpful because they were the same types of questions that we were asked in the quizzes, and I did pretty well on the quizzes. Talking about preparing for the tests, I did several past tests that the teacher posted on the website. The past tests perfectly introduced the way the layout of the tests. The past tests covered all the details that we were taught, and well prepared me for the tests.
       Through using "beside, above, overlay" and functions "100 triangle "outline" black", "100 square "outline" "black"" to create a picture of a house. This was the first time of me using DrRacket to create a picture, and I was proud of it. I saw serval pictures that were created with thousands of repeated circle or triangle, and they looked amazing.
       Initially, when I was first doing the past test, I found the function rotation was hard to understand because when I ran the function "rotate", instead of rotating clockwise certain degrees, it rotated counter-clockwise certain degrees. Through asking my peers and doing more practices, I understood only when it specifies "CW" (clockwise) it would rotate clockwise, otherwise, it rotates counter-clockwise.
       I have been to the TA office hour once at the beginning of the term because I couldn't download DrRacket successfully. I haven't been there after that as I successfully figured out my questions through asking peers and doing the practices. If I can't figure those problems, I would like to ask questions during CSC104 office hours to get some help other than asking on the Piazza. I believe the questions can be explained better through verbal communication rather than sending emails.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

studying for final exam

Completing our first project